#1 OFFLINE   Grench

Grench

Advanced Member

• Supporter
  • 2137 posts
  • Local time: 12:15 PM

Donator

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

I just got an update email on this project.

The new motherboard with the LEDs looks good.

We may even be sub-two-months now, but it's hard to tell.

#2 OFFLINE   huniper

huniper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Local time: 01:15 PM

Donator

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

Everything looks great and I'm glad they're ironing out the bugs now rather then after the cases are made :P

I just wish we had weekly updates like when the kickstarter was going active. Even small updates would be nice, something like:

'Hey, we're still here. Haven't forgotten about you backers, nothing new but here are the problems we are facing: ..... and here is what we are trying to do about it: ... etc.'

#3 OFFLINE   ShleeDragon

ShleeDragon

Pro-Catflip

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1723 posts
  • Local time: 03:45 AM

Donator

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

Should be ready in two months.

Status: Upgraded my Rebirth to the 1GHz Super Pandora 2.0 Pro (1220OC)  :lol:
Status: RIP ICP2 'Craig and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcontroller'.
Status: Waiting for Pandora 2: Electric Boogaloo preorder. - 'The Dragonfly' by 'Two Months INC' .

Evildragon's odyssey: LITTLE.big Computer

#4 OFFLINE   slacker20012

slacker20012

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Local time: 06:15 PM
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:19 AM

http://boards.openpa...e-please/page-2

#5 OFFLINE   liveunderwater

liveunderwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

Just got a Kickstarter survey that seems to say that I can opt out of the phone connector part if I want the controller part now.  What If I want the controller part now and the hinge part later? I have to wait for both to be available at the same time?  

Alt + 0153

#6 OFFLINE   vcoleiro

vcoleiro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • Local time: 04:15 AM
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

Just got a Kickstarter survey that seems to say that I can opt out of the phone connector part if I want the controller part now.  What If I want the controller part now and the hinge part later? I have to wait for both to be available at the same time?  

Really?, I haven't got any notice or survey.  I hope there is  no issue with the phone holder

#7 OFFLINE   Jumpman

Jumpman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1365 posts
  • Local time: 10:15 AM
  • LocationSin City, USA

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

Yeah, I just got this to.

From what I can understand, the universal holder will be ready later than the ICP2. So if you want both together, pick that option and they will ship in one package once the UH is complete(which can be one week, or 2 months).

If you just want your ICP2 to use, and it doesn't matter to you when the UH arrives, go with that option. The ICP2 will ship as soon as it's ready, and then they will mail the UH once they are completed.

I personally don't know how the UH can't be ready at this point, but the ICP2 is, but it really shouldn't surprise me(or any of you) ^_^ I'm going to try to contact Debs/Jackie before I pick an option, to see what the wait may be like, not that any estimate I receive will be accurate, but it's better than "no update" from Craig on this matter. 

I'm planning to resell my extra units, so I'm thinking it would be better to have everything shipped together, but if the UH ends up being like the TV out cable for the Pandora, I'm better off just getting the units and cutting my losses. It would have been nice if Craig mentioned this in his last update and gave an ETA between the holder and the units, but that would have made to much sense I suppose.

Chris

#8 OFFLINE   vcoleiro

vcoleiro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

Kind of useless to me without the UH, I'll wait.  Funny that I haven't received anything though. Maybe it will come later

#9 OFFLINE   Jumpman

Jumpman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1365 posts
  • LocationSin City, USA

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

Kind of useless to me without the UH, I'll wait.  Funny that I haven't received anything though. Maybe it will come later

I personally think it is useless as well, but for those who don't plan to attach this to a phone, it's not a deal breaker. I'm sure many will use this with tablets, or laptops and then the holder isn't that big od a deal, but for those who want it for their phones, WTF!?

The fact that the option is being given, tells me that it will be a big wait between the 2 items. Otherwise, if it was a few weeks, why bother asking at all. Craig could just delay shipments by a few weeks and no one would be worse for the wear.

I just emailed Jackie and asked if she has any info on her end, so when I hear something, I'll pass it along.

BTW vcoleiro, did you get the 1 unit ICP2 package, or did you get the 10 unit bundle? I believe the higher the pledge, the higher the priority for shipping. So you may not get a shipping survey until they get lower in the line. If you did get the 10 unit bundle, check your spam and junk mail folders.

Chris

#10 OFFLINE   vcoleiro

vcoleiro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

I got the 1 unit.  Didn't realise that is how they were prioritising shipping

#11 OFFLINE   FaeMinx

FaeMinx

In-sane littleCreature =^. ~ =

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1796 posts
  • Local time: 08:15 PM
  • LocationCoffee Bay, South Africa

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

I estimate the shipping priorities go as follows:

Dev units > Bulk units > Special Units > The rest

... The Garden... it's real!! ...
... so be carefull what you feed... o.o

We all want this project to mature, so we have to mature ourselves.

#12 OFFLINE   FZERO

FZERO

1UP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3468 posts
  • Local time: 06:15 PM
  • LocationLondon

Donator

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

I've had no update about the UH either.

Personally, I need this... I still have my Xperia Play and will only upgrade my phone [probably to the HTC One or S4] when I have the iCP2.

I plan to mainly use it with my new phone

|P /A |N |D (O |R /A
= GAMES SHOWCASE =

#13 OFFLINE   Jumpman

Jumpman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1365 posts
  • LocationSin City, USA

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

Alright, I just heard back from Jacquelyn & Debs.

The option for not getting the "Universal Holder" is for those of you do not want or need it. They will not be sending it later if you opt out of getting it now. Debs says the wait shouldn't be to long, but if you want or need the "UH", please go ahead and pick that option.

So, if you are getting an ICP2 and don't need the "UH" because you are going to be using it for a tablet, PC, or other bigger device, pick to not wait for the holder and your ICP2 will ship ASAP.

If you need the "UH" for your cell phone, or resells, etc., please pick the "ship everything together" option, and then your ICP2(s) will not be shipped until everything can be shipped together.

Hopefully, those of us who need the Universal Holder won't have to wait "2 Months" to have our orders completed. I hope this clears up any issues in question.

Chris

#14 OFFLINE   Grench

Grench

Advanced Member

• Supporter
  • 2137 posts

Donator

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

Thank you for getting that clarified!

I'm a single unit order as well - no survey.  So I'm more likely waiting 2 months.  Still it's good to see some motion on the project.

#15 OFFLINE   vcoleiro

vcoleiro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

@ Jumpman - Don't even think about the words - 2 Months .    Please not

#16 OFFLINE   Wrath of Khan

Wrath of Khan

Jazz it up baby!

• Supporter
  • 3504 posts
  • Local time: 07:15 PM
  • LocationIreland

Donator

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

Just as well i opted to ship everything together then as the alternative option sounded like a non-option.

Tick tock, ever gently killing silence, ticks the clock. Tick tock where the fuck is the icp2?

Currently working on Spirit-shard and Labyrinth of Crystalia for Pandora and other systems.

#17 OFFLINE   Agrajag

Agrajag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Local time: 07:15 PM
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

Craig did say the survey emails would be sent out in batches, so fingers crossed we'll all get one sooner or later.

#18 OFFLINE   BleachOne

BleachOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

The option for not getting the "Universal Holder" is for those of you do not want or need it. They will not be sending it later if you opt out of getting it now. Debs says the wait shouldn't be to long, but if you want or need the "UH", please go ahead and pick that option.

So, if you are getting an ICP2 and don't need the "UH" because you are going to be using it for a tablet, PC, or other bigger device, pick to not wait for the holder and your ICP2 will ship ASAP.

So Even though we have waited extra Time, they won't send us 2 diffrent Packages even though we paid for it? And will I'm sure have to wait atleast 2 months, especially if it has to ship to the US for a iCP2 and UN Holder!!

Edited by BleachOne, 22 February 2013 - 12:03 AM.

#19 OFFLINE   Jumpman

Jumpman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1365 posts
  • LocationSin City, USA

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

@ Jumpman - Don't even think about the words - 2 Months .    Please not

I can't call myself a community member if I don't keep the "2 month" joke going when I can.

Chris

#20 OFFLINE   leathco

leathco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:08 AM

Damn, guess ill have to wait the extra time for mine. I need that clamp. No email for me yet, hoping I get one soon. Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users