Photo

iCP unresponsive in blutrol SPP (start+y) mode: work around!!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   elmington

elmington

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Local time: 01:03 AM

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:38 PM

Hi guys,

You may have seen my last posts (some of them angry) about connecting iCP to my iphone 5 using start+y. Well I've found a fix or a technique rather to get it to work and thought I'd share. Made a video for anyone else that's pulling there hair out trying to get there pad to respond to blutrol in SPP mode.

I found mine would only respond once every few days, ie use it and then I'd have to leave it a few days before going back to it. I discovered this trick that lets me use it when ever I want. Note that I never have any probs with icade mode, that works every time. Still can't update the thing but I have a work around at least now

See here, some times it will connect after 3 times some times more, but on average 3 times of doing this in the video

PS I had tested this workaround quite a few times before making the video up!

iphone 5 ios 6.1

iCP fw 2.2

blutrol 3.0 latest btstack

Log file from BTstack if anyone is interested?

https://www.dropbox....5/hci_dump.pklg

#2 OFFLINE   MWeston

MWeston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Local time: 07:03 PM

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:00 PM

Hi,

I just checked out your video on the 'workaround'.  You have to disconnect and reconnect a billion times and just hope it works???  That sounds terrible!

I don't know what is happening there and it depends on the communication method the author chose to use for button control but I think the favorite is to use the simulated HID mode over SPP now I think.  If that is the case, then the command that has to be sent once SPP mode is established is likely not being sent to the iCP and therefore the buttons will do nothing.  It seems like if you try enough times, that command will manage to get out to the iCP and not get missed just as a fluke of timing (if the phone happened to be servicing something else just a bit longer on that try).  The button app must be sending the command too soon in the link connection and the iCP doesn't see the command as a result.

If someone is in contact with the author (Matthias?), perhaps he could include more of a delay before the first command after connection is sent to the iCP.  It could fix this issue for devices affected.

Michael

#3 OFFLINE   elmington

elmington

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Local time: 01:03 AM

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:05 AM

Hi Michael,

Yer right it is terrible, unfortunately it's all I have at this moment in time. I contacted Matthias and sent him a link to this forum with the log file, not heard anything back.

PS The work around was some thing I had to figure out on my own with help from no one else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users