#1 OFFLINE   Midi

Midi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Local time: 05:20 AM

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:16 PM

I'm not sure if it's crashing or shorting out, but my Pandora will suddenly cut off and restart itself. Sometimes I'll get a warning that says it's shutting down and gives me an opportunity to abort, but that's when I accidentally flick the power button. This is saying it's not shutting down properly and gives me an option to set the CPU speed to 800 or put it in safe mode. As far as I know, it hasn't suffered any water or vibration damage, and I avoid anything magnetic like the plague, so I have no idea what could have caused it. I haven't made any system changes either, except for the clock, which for some reason always shows up an hour behind what I set it for.

How do I go about getting my Pandora fixed? I bought it less than a month ago.

#2 OFFLINE   CocoCreekFisherman

CocoCreekFisherman

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts
  • Local time: 04:20 AM
  • LocationTropical.

Donator

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:20 PM

Have you tried removing the battery ,leaving it out for a few mins then reinserting it?

Then power on your unit and see what happens.

#3 OFFLINE   Moxie

Moxie

Old git

• Moderators
  • 1922 posts
  • Local time: 10:20 AM
  • LocationThe south of Sweden

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:26 PM

Sounds like bad contact with the battery?

"Whe are Pandorians, whe dont fit in a drawer, whe are an cabinet" -Matzesu

"We don't want to win a beauty-contest, for us it's more important to drive off the road." - F_Slim

#4 OFFLINE   Wrath of Khan

Wrath of Khan

Jazz it up baby!

• Supporter
  • 3656 posts
  • Local time: 09:20 AM
  • LocationIreland

Donator

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:01 PM

Yeah the battery could be moving about slightly when you move the pandora. My 1ghz unit does this sometimes but not so often that i can't live with it.

Tick tock, ever gently killing silence, ticks the clock. Tick tock where the fuck is the icp2?

Currently working on Spirit-shard and Labyrinth of Crystalia for Pandora and other systems.

#5 OFFLINE   Levi

Levi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2942 posts
  • LocationEnglandshire

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:23 AM

Yeah, loose battery diagnosis here too. Mine would shut off if it got shook at all sharply, meaning I couldn't take it anywhere as it'd always be off when it came out of my bag. After weeks of experimentation I ended up with wadges of paper either side of the battery keeping it aligned that way, and a few folds on top of it to keep it pressed against the contacts, and I've not had any trouble since.

Only problem is if I ever need to get at the battery I have to be very gentle and ease the battery compartment open extremely carefully - the clips are famously fragile, but so far (touch wood) I've still got all mine intact.

#6 OFFLINE   Midi

Midi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Local time: 05:20 AM

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:54 PM

Well, that's a relief to hear. I'll try padding it and see what happens. Thanks a bunch!

#7 OFFLINE   Mr_Loon

Mr_Loon

Can't Remember

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1950 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:11 AM

Sometimes I'll get a warning that says it's shutting down and gives me an opportunity to abort

Not sure this would happen with a loose battery connection. Try the padding of course but if it still gives you trouble there are a couple of other things to try.

To help make the Repo even better and give a tiny bit back to the devs, take the Pandora pledge : 'As a Pandora owner I pledge that I will provide a rating for all Apps I download and use'

The Pandora Arcade is open! If you like classic Arcade games then why not get involved? View the High Scores

#8 OFFLINE   EvilDragon

EvilDragon

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 8174 posts
  • Local time: 10:20 AM
  • LocationIngolstadt

Donator

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:21 AM

That warning usually means the battery is empty, so it would be correct the Pandora shuts down. Maybe the battery is flakey?

Got some spare bitcoins and you want to support me?
Send them here: 1JFMx842TLW8sLKS3gn7kcLsNbXcLqXupK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users