#1 OFFLINE   physmotone

physmotone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Local time: 11:28 PM

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:32 AM

Hi,

We've updated our iPhone game "Mos Speedrun" with iCade support and was hoping someone might be able to test it for us on the iControlPad.

From what I can gather iCade support is in the latest iControlPad beta firmware so if anyone wants to try it out drop me a line and I'll send a promo code.

Thanks!
Tony

#2 OFFLINE   MWeston

MWeston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Local time: 05:28 PM

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:29 AM

Hi,

We've updated our iPhone game "Mos Speedrun" with iCade support and was hoping someone might be able to test it for us on the iControlPad.

From what I can gather iCade support is in the latest iControlPad beta firmware so if anyone wants to try it out drop me a line and I'll send a promo code.

Thanks!
Tony

Hi Tony,

There's hasn't been a release of firmware to anyone that can mimic the iCade. I recently added some code for fun and finally flashed it and tested it tonight, but so far it doesn't work with official apps. The keys all fire properly with a separate code for key up and down according to the information posted by Stu in another topic. The only game I could test was Pong so who knows what I'm supposed to do to make it work.

I still wonder if there is a way for the app to check the name of the BT device attached and of course the iCP won't match the iCade's specific name. If that isn't the case, anyone should be able to attach a BT keyboard and just push the buttons on the keyboard and that would simulate the buttons. I don't own a BT keyboard to test though. :)

#3 OFFLINE   physmotone

physmotone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:02 PM

Ah, I didn't realise the firmware didn't support that yet.

It works on the iCade ok but I didn't have one to test so I just used a cheap bluetooth keyboard which worked fine. As far as I can tell the apps don't look at the name of the device, they just read key input from a bluetooth device so the method you described should work ok.

The only issue playing on a keyboard is that you need to use different keys for up/down so it makes it pretty much impossible to play :)

Thanks,
Tony

p.s. the keyboard I bought is here: Ebay link

#4 OFFLINE   MWeston

MWeston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:13 PM

That's very interesting. If a BT keyboard works then it is as generic as I had hoped. What official apps are you trying the iCade on? I downloaded the latest Atari Greatest Hits today and now I get Missile Command free. It still doesn't respond to the controls assuming this mapping:

/*
 UP ON,OFF  = w,e
 RT ON,OFF  = d,c
 DN ON,OFF  = x,z
 LT ON,OFF  = a,q
 A  ON,OFF  = y,t
 B  ON,OFF  = h,r
 C  ON,OFF  = u,f
 D  ON,OFF  = j,n
 E  ON,OFF  = i,m
 F  ON,OFF  = k,p
 G  ON,OFF  = o,g
 H  ON,OFF  = l,v
*/

When I use Notes on the iPod, I get all of these keys so I don't understand the difficulty at this point. Maybe you could try your keyboard with the Atari app and see if it gets ignored too.

#5 OFFLINE   physmotone

physmotone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:04 PM

No probs, I'll give that a go. I only tested the keyboard on our own game "Mos Speedrun" and it seemed ok. Since we've released the update I've had people test it on the iCade and said it worked fine so I just assumed it operated the same way as the atari one.

I'll give it a go on the atari games using my bluetooth keyboard and let you know!

#6 OFFLINE   physmotone

physmotone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:13 PM

Mmmm...tried my keyboard on atari's app and it doesnt work - I guess they must be detecting a certain name of bluetooth device. I think that's probaby because they had an exclusive deal with iCade at the beginning.

On the other hand it should work fine with the other games (works on mine anyway) - I'll PM you a promo code if you want to try Mos.

Thanks
Tony

#7 OFFLINE   MWeston

MWeston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:23 PM

Hi Tony,

I managed to try your game after some iTunes fussing (really hate that system). It works great! Every button but the dpad makes me jump and the response is smooth and quick from what I can see. I'll have to give it a longer go tonight to try out this game more.

Good work. :)

#8 OFFLINE   physmotone

physmotone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:09 PM

That's great, thanks for getting that to work!

I'm still unsure as to why the atari ones don't work but you could maybe try and find someone with an iCade and ask them to tell you what the name shows up as in the Settings->General->Bluetooth menu. Is there any way the iControlPad can pair using a custom device name?

Tony

#9 OFFLINE   torpor

torpor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1036 posts
  • Local time: 12:28 AM

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:05 PM

I'd love to try this too .. what do you need from me? I have two iCP's (old and 'new' one) and an iPhone4, iPad.

#10 OFFLINE   MWeston

MWeston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 07:55 PM

You would need to install the test firmware (found in this topic: http://boards.openpa...dpost__p__75595 ) and then get a promo code from Tony. There is a minor bug in the game that needs to be fixed and it relates to the protocol used by iCade. Perhaps a release 5 will be available soon.

#11 OFFLINE   Ned Scott

Ned Scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Local time: 04:28 PM

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:56 PM

Works great for me using MWeston's firmware patch! Very responsive and had no problems after playing a five minute session.

Does this mean we have our very first non-jailbreak game support that people can buy right now? Party time?

#12 OFFLINE   Craigix

Craigix

Advanced Member

• Official OpenPandora Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 4566 posts
  • Local time: 12:28 AM

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:17 PM

Yes I'm teetering on the brink of announcing just that.

#13 OFFLINE   donkeyfart

donkeyfart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 06:28 PM

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:08 AM

Hi there!

Anyone want to Beta test one of the hardest iControlPad/iCade enabled device platform games?

The game is called, Donkey Fart. :lol: WIth LMFAO like cool zebra pants and glasses.
Sign-up via www.testflightapp.com at the following URL: http://tflig.ht/uBIlrR

1.) A+B+X+START (Bluetooth enable)

2.) To play, B = Jump, Y = Fart, L = Shake Bonsai Trees

Collect as many beans as possible (for stars) and slowly put to sleep crazy AI enabled rats and killer bees to reach, "Jenny" the Donkey, or "Don Juan" the Donkey. You choose.
Platforms that move, jump waterfalls, use trampolines to access other intervals and make sure to watch out for spikes.
☢ WARNING ☢ - It is going to take all the skill you have. This might be the hardest mobile platform game you have ever played with an iControlPad enabled device.
There are six intervals and one secret killer monster at the end, if you can reach the end. :)

Good luck and keep on playin. Oh BTW, please flash your devices (make it easier for non-it people). Luckily, I could figure out how to flash my device usinghttp://boards.openpa...are-update-v20/

Cheers. Shawn

#14 OFFLINE   moz

moz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • Local time: 09:28 AM
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Donator

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:56 AM

Sounds interesting, but please don't go spamming it around ;)

#15 OFFLINE   Siller01

Siller01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 04:58 AM

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:23 AM

Thank you, donkeyfart  For sharing this News

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users