Phelsumania

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Local time: 09:11 AM
  • LocationAndover, UK

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:48 AM

Hey Doubt there are many people interested in these on this site but thought i would stick them up here incase we have any menbers interested.

For those that dont know i breed Phelsuma spiecies for a hobby, i Currently have 4 phelsuma laticauda laticauda (gold dusk day gecko) eggs in the incubator due to hatch out in the next week some time and a pair of Phelsuma madagascariensis grandis (giant day gecko) due to hatch in abou a week and a half. I have Tried to incubate them so i should get 3 female and one male gold dusk and two female giants. If anyone is interested i will be looking for £100 each for the Giants and £150 each for the gold dusks. This price will include the a small isolation tank large enough ffor the geckos to live in for aprox 4 months and a years worth of meal replacement powder, vit d3 powder, multi vits powder wild pollen and some calci drops for their water supplys (basically everything you will need minus the live foods) There will be a few small selection of live plants in the isolation tanks including some novi stars and bromailiads and some climbers, depending on what off shoots i have available at the time and a small about a 15cm2 section of moss.
some pics
Male parent laticauda
Attached File  Photo0578.jpg   1.83MB   60 downloads
Female parent laticauda
Attached File  IMAG0004.jpg   964.08KB   71 downloads
Last set that hatched laticauda
Attached File  (00)IMG00025-20090926-2206.jpg   63.41KB   67 downloads
Female parent Grandis
Attached File  IMAG0030.jpg   502.73KB   54 downloads

Pandora: will make you jizz in your pants Guaranteed!

#2 OFFLINE   SONY

SONY

PlayStation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8853 posts
  • Local time: 06:11 PM
  • LocationMelbourne, Victoria ~ AUSTRALIA

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:56 AM

Geckos!!
jarvis, that's cool!! You do collect exotic animals, so your profile speaks the truth.
I'm a proud owner of an OpenPandora Pandora and an nvidia SHIELD.
By the way, please do not view my forum boards profile, as there are quite a few large images being shown.<<< WARNING: DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK >>>

#3 OFFLINE   Phelsumania

Phelsumania

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationAndover, UK

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:32 PM

Damn right it does currently got gold dusks, giants and lined day geckos. some albino leopard geckos, fire belly newts, red eye tree frogs, yellow and black poison dart frogs, blue and black poison dart frogs, green and bronze poison dart frogs, giant asian praying mantids, butterfly plecs, hilstream plecs about 10 different guppy species, yoyo loaches, zebra loaches, micro crabs, clown loaches, veriety of shrimps, galaxy rasboros, harlequins rasboras, hatchets, neon tetras cardinal tettras, various corydoras, silver dollars, kuhli loaches, black kuhli loaches, assassin snails some fresh water clams and a rottweiller (altough shes not really that exotic) my flats like a zoo, could start to charge an admisions to come in lol. Thats not including the 5 tanks i lumbered my parents with before i moved out a few years ago. I left a monster clown knife fish down there that was awsome was about 12-14" in lenght when i moved out not visited my parents for nearly a year now but i would imagine hes a bit of a monster by now. There is probably about a good £300 worth of live plants in the tanks at the moment too.
And i will deffo be getting more pets in the future just alot of the reptiles and amphibians are A. a pain in the arse to locate and B. are usually pricey as hell. Ive been looking for a rare furcifer lateralis lateralis for years now and i got an email through the other day from a breaders forum asking if i still wanted one? if so he had one for sale for £2500 which i cant aford to pay that out without some aggressive saving for a long period of time (or having a reallty good set of breading months from my colection)

#4 OFFLINE   DaMummy

DaMummy

i am le mummia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3431 posts
  • Local time: 04:11 AM
  • LocationCleveland, USA

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:39 PM

albino animals are the new cats of the internet, please post pictures of albino gecko

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!!! Lobby against my signature now VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!!!

Deleting his account for making such a statement is implication that people that like to put horse penis in their anus are bad. The poor people who like to put horse penis in their anus have suffered enough without this level of prejudice. Why isn't anyone else looking out for the rights of the horse-penis-in-anus people?

#5 OFFLINE   SONY

SONY

PlayStation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8853 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:45 PM

Posted Image
By the way, please do not view my forum boards profile, as there are quite a few large images being shown.<<< WARNING: DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK >>>

#6 OFFLINE   Phelsumania

Phelsumania

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationAndover, UK

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:25 PM

Awsome, is that your gecko? do you know what it is ive only got into leos about 2 months ago when i adopted my first pair. It looks like some kind of Blizzard Mack?

#7 OFFLINE   Phelsumania

Phelsumania

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationAndover, UK

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:52 PM

not sure of the two morphs i have, no way of being 100% sure the woman i got them of said they were an unwanted christmas pressent for her kids from her ex husband. but he never asked/found out at the shop exactly what they are he just bought them as albino leopard geckos, which does not help anyone out. personally i prefer latin names then you know exactly what the things are seen as there are so many sub-spiecies grroups and different designer morphs floating about nower days

Attached Files

#8 OFFLINE   Phelsumania

Phelsumania

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationAndover, UK

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:09 PM

I am also tying to off load a 4yr old male giant day gecko, hes not very friendly with people but is a proven breeder with larger females,

#9 OFFLINE   SONY

SONY

PlayStation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8853 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:08 PM

Awsome, is that your gecko? do you know what it is ive only got into leos about 2 months ago when i adopted my first pair. It looks like some kind of Blizzard Mack?

Sorry, it unfortunately isn't mine. :(
Got the image from Google Images. I also checked out what a Giant Day Gecko looks like. Tis awesome!!!

http://www.bluechame... - Feb 2009.htm

Posted Image

#10 OFFLINE   Phelsumania

Phelsumania

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationAndover, UK

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:50 AM

yer there awsome there toes are like suction cups and feels propper wierd when they run up and down your arms and chest (in mid summer my bedroom runs at a temperatue of 32-36oc so it basically becomes a no shirt zone) . That pic looks like a young adult male. i dont feed mine lizards though like that one caught. It more food than they really need in captivity with proper care, and it and can encourage/makes them more inclined to devour new borns which is kinda counter productive. The baby grandis look even nicer there really bright and multi coloured though they loose most of there colour compaired to other day geckos by the time there sub adults and maintain that nice green and red pattern. They also change their colour/shade to the mood there in, a darker green if moody or thretened or lunamus green if happy like the one in that pic.

#11 OFFLINE   Phelsumania

Phelsumania

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationAndover, UK

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:25 PM

Right the two phelsuma laticauda laticaudas have hatched a hour or so ago so are there if anyone would like one i have had interest off a reptile site so they could potentially be sold very soon (The pictures of them are in the new pets thread)

http://boards.openpa.../5877-new-pets/

#12 OFFLINE   Phelsumania

Phelsumania

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationAndover, UK

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:59 AM

Just a quick update one of the Phelsuma Laticauda laticaudas have been sold so theres only one left atm.
and i had 2 Phelsuma madagascariensis grandis hatch out 4 days ago, one of these has already been verbaly sold. And the other is currently still for sale.
Grandis juviniles
Attached File  IMAG0122.jpg   1.11MB   34 downloadsAttached File  IMAG0140.jpg   1.32MB   30 downloads

#13 OFFLINE   Jourdy288

Jourdy288

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1129 posts
  • Local time: 04:11 AM

Posted 24 November 2011 - 04:48 PM

Hey, did you try http://fishforums.net ? They're pretty good with this sorta thing, not sure if they'll let you sell herps there but it's worth a shot :)

bo9MvMn.jpg

Literary Blog:
http://inamemorydev.blogspot.com
Cut your clothes to fit your body, not the other way around!

How come every time I say something that's sig-worthy, nobody bothers to stick it in their signature for all to see?

If you give someone a program, you will frustrate them for a day; if you teach them how to program, you will frustrate them for a lifetime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users