FreeCiv 2.3.1 SDL Versionfreeciv game port sdl
Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:57 PM
after searching for Freeciv, if found nothing but these Versions with an gtk2-client.
So i decided to give the SDL-Client a chance.
For now the PND can be found HERE.(sha1sum)
(Soon i will upload this to repo.openpandora.org)
- Version: 2.3.1
- Language: English (Can be changed live maybe - not tried jet)
- SDL - client
- standalone (console) server
- modpack downloader / setup (Freesounds are already installed)
- Manual (lacks some quality. Uses freeciv-manual - progam to create manual-html pages from the ruleset. I've written a script wich crawls for all rulesets an build an manual for each. They are shown with links - thats quite ugly. I would appreciate some tips and maybe an actual tutorial /users guide for freeciv (html ?))
- Porting Problems:
Something wasn't (better isn't) ok with the Characterconversion UTF8 <-> Unicode in the context of SDL.
For me (what i tested) i can exclude direct problems in SDL_ttf, freetype and iconv().
There must be a bug somewhere else in the deepest abyss of SDL/system.
I did not solve the problem. I just did some workaround jobs, to be concrete i just avoided to encode/decode anything to/from Unicode,
so there may be still some string/character artifacts.
In advance: thank you for testing this port of FreeCiv.
- bug fixed:
- in some windows new lines were not printed - fixed
-> german version of this topic
Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:35 PM
Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:43 AM
Lode Runner Forever!: http://lrforever.co.nr/
Stellar Game Engine: http://nongnu.org/stellarengine/
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users