The main motivation doing this was to run Android games on pandora, however I only managed to run a few simple games, others will not install, complain about missing multitouch or just plain won't work, and I have no idea how to debug them (Android looks very unfriendly in that regard to me). Ohwell.
- SuperZaxxon beta5a or later firmware running 3.2+ kernel (not older/2.6 one)
- at least 300MB of SD card space
- card corruption has been reported, beware!
- do not remove the SD card that contains the .pnd file, doing so will crash everything and corrupt data.
- Android only supports one removable SD card, and that is set up to be SD2 (right slot). So if you want to swap cards while Android is running, and want it to see card change, place the .pnd in a card on the left slot.
- It should be possible to return to pandora's OS by running "Kill Android" from Android OS itself.
- wifi should work, enable in settings
- external wifi sticks won't work due to Android limitations.
- r2: fixed some startup issues
- r3: included OI File Manager, busybox and Android-Terminal-Emulator
- r4: fixed sgx driver (work around it really), migrated to CyanogenMod, fixed wifi reload, added preliminary keymaps
- r5: fixed sound lag, added missing CyanogenMod packages
- r6: launcher script tweaks for faster load (works on SuperZaxxon Final only)
Note: in case you are updating from r3 or earlier, it's highly recommended to delete appdata.
(edit: clarified requirements)
Edited by notaz, 13 January 2013 - 08:31 PM.