kaziebo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Local time: 01:55 PM
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:17 PM

I think this just goes to show other developers the very good side of supporting the iCP and our community, we support you!

Sure does. And to make a statement right here. I've asked Rakashazi to port the MSX emulator BlueMSX to the iPhone and I hope you all support it!!!!! ;)
I'll sure put some money in there. And if you don't know what a MSX is or what games you can play with it, check out these:

"If you can't explain something to a six year-old, you really don't understand it yourself."
- Albert Einstein -

#22 OFFLINE   - Theo -

- Theo -

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:53 PM

This thread should be advertised to other developers and developers forums: "Support the iCP, plenty of fans will buy your games." I know I will buy anything that support the iCP, at least in the first weeks, before everything supports it :)
There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#23 OFFLINE   kaziebo

kaziebo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 09:56 PM

Hey, did anyone click the kewl games above?? Anyone curious??? :)
"If you can't explain something to a six year-old, you really don't understand it yourself."
- Albert Einstein -

#24 OFFLINE   - Theo -

- Theo -

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 09:59 PM

I did, but to be honest, I mostly play emulators for my childhood memories :) As I never played on MSX, it doesn't really tick my boxes.
There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#25 OFFLINE   kaziebo

kaziebo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:02 PM

I'd tick your box with a fryin pan!!! MSX is awesome!!! at least, i think so :lol:
- Albert Einstein -

#26 OFFLINE   firefly

firefly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Local time: 09:55 PM
  • LocationBeijing

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:03 PM

I did, but to be honest, I mostly play emulators for my childhood memories :) As I never played on MSX, it doesn't really tick my boxes.

Same boat as Theo for me. Emulator = nostalgia machine in my book, so getting a similar Genesis or SNES emulator to the NES.emu would be my preference.

#27 OFFLINE   kaziebo

kaziebo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:04 PM

And that's 2 to tick ;)
- Albert Einstein -

#28 OFFLINE   kans4s

kans4s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Local time: 07:55 AM

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:05 PM

Purchased PCE.emu

Another great app. Very well made. Played every game perfectly that I threw at it.

Great work!

#29 OFFLINE   Rakashazi

Rakashazi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Local time: 09:55 AM
  • LocationWashington DC, USA

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:08 AM

Hey guys, just finished some testing and the iCP is now working correctly on my iPhone just like in the Android video. I'll include support for it in the next update :)

Note that it may require a firmware update on your iCP depending on what version is on shipping units.

Also, if anyone is using a device with WebOS 2.0+, the iCP should already work by using BT Keyboard mode. You just have to go into the key config to map the buttons properly.

#30 OFFLINE   007jaws

007jaws

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:15 AM

cherrs man keep up the hard work, have you got your clamps yet?, you deserve them

#31 OFFLINE   Rakashazi

Rakashazi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:27 AM

cherrs man keep up the hard work, have you got your clamps yet?, you deserve them

Thanks! No bumpers yet, hopefully soon? :)

#32 OFFLINE   EvilDragon

EvilDragon

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7508 posts
  • Local time: 03:55 PM
  • LocationIngolstadt

Donator

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:33 AM

Awesome news, thanks a lot!

Yes, ALL of the currently shipped iCPs need that firmware update, we'll post instructions later.
Right now, you need a Windows PC with Bluetooth. I'll post more detailed instructions soon. Thanks to the buggy bluetooth on Windows it's a bit awkward, but if you follow the instructions, it will work.

Other versions (i.e. Linux, maybe even Android or iOS versions!) will hopefully be available as well soon, that will updating the firmware become more easy.

Got some spare bitcoins and you want to support me?
Send them here: 1JFMx842TLW8sLKS3gn7kcLsNbXcLqXupK

#33 OFFLINE   jordanv

jordanv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:01 AM

Awesome news, thanks a lot!

Yes, ALL of the currently shipped iCPs need that firmware update, we'll post instructions later.
Right now, you need a Windows PC with Bluetooth. I'll post more detailed instructions soon. Thanks to the buggy bluetooth on Windows it's a bit awkward, but if you follow the instructions, it will work.

Other versions (i.e. Linux, maybe even Android or iOS versions!) will hopefully be available as well soon, that will updating the firmware become more easy.

crap... ill have to buy a BT dongle for my pc -.-

#34 OFFLINE   BleachOne

BleachOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:04 AM

Just ordered my USB BlueTooth 2.0 dongle, and the thing is tiny

#35 OFFLINE   Gadgetoid

Gadgetoid

Gadgetoid.com

• Moderators
  • 1853 posts
  • Local time: 02:55 PM
  • LocationNorwich, UK

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:30 AM

Eee windows? Glad I keep a crappy windows 7 netbook handy for these times. I don't think Parallels works well with Bluetooth.

An iOS flasher would be awesome.

Gadgetoid.com - Tech reviews 'n' stuff!

#36 OFFLINE   Rakashazi

Rakashazi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:56 AM

Just uploaded PCE.emu and NES.emu 1.3.13 to the Android Market and they're available now. I'll be submitting the iOS versions to Cydia shortly and they should appear in about 24 hours. There's also some info about iCP support and controls below the Wiimote section of the Android and iOS pages for my emulators.

Enjoy :)

#37 OFFLINE   kans4s

kans4s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:04 PM

Just uploaded PCE.emu and NES.emu 1.3.13 to the Android Market and they're available now. I'll be submitting the iOS versions to Cydia shortly and they should appear in about 24 hours. There's also some info about iCP support and controls below the Wiimote section of the Android and iOS pages for my emulators.

Enjoy :)

Great Work!! I went to the new browser android marketplace, and yes it is currently live and ready to download. Also, just checked cydia, and YES both of your new updates are available for download!!!

Everyone go update your ICP firmware, and download either the android or iphone apps from Rakashazi!!!! Post some videos for us members that dont have our ICP yet!

Attached Files

#38 OFFLINE   the-exp

the-exp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:15 PM

Just updates NES.emu, but having major trouble with the firmware updater in VMWare - Oh well, guess I'll just have to wait for an OSX of iOS version of the firmware updater :(

#39 OFFLINE   SOLGarion

SOLGarion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • LocationVA, USA

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:20 PM

Updated NES.EMU as well...no iCP...but ready!

#40 OFFLINE   Serious Sam

Serious Sam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:28 PM

I've been looking at a few possible systems for my next app. It's going to be either Gameboy Color, MSX, or SNES.

I hope your next project is the SNES(I would buy 4 or more!) - One of my all-time favorite consoles, right behind the N64, I just purchased NES.emu this morning and I REALLY love it so far! I especially enjoy the menu navigation system. Thanks for all your hard work! I look forward to buying your next app!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users