#82 OFFLINE   Stu

Stu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Local time: 04:59 AM

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:51 PM

Les Bird: You are a god, thank you!!! :)

Stu: I hope to see iCP support in official SDL soon .. any idea when?

I will have to retro-fit it for official version, but shouldn't be too hard. I doubt there are many app store games that use SDL.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.c...464,-111.893573
manomio | in retro we trust!

#83 OFFLINE   Stu

Stu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:58 PM

Flashback: Quest for Destiny v1.5 update is out with iControlPad support in iCADE mode.

Cheers,

Stu

---
I am here: http://maps.google.c...411,-111.893316

#84 OFFLINE   MJFox

MJFox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Local time: 12:59 PM

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:50 AM

since the iControlPad has an iCade-mode now you should add all the games from here to the compatibility-list: http://forums.toucha...ead.php?t=96023

greetings

MJFox

#85 OFFLINE   Craigix

Craigix

Advanced Member

• Official OpenPandora Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 4566 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:04 AM

I've tweeted that Stu, great news.

I will do an update to the site today.

#86 OFFLINE   Stu

Stu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:42 PM

I've tweeted that Stu, great news.

I will do an update to the site today.

thanks mate!

#87 OFFLINE   EvilDragon

EvilDragon

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7489 posts
  • Local time: 01:59 PM
  • LocationIngolstadt

Donator

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:01 PM

Flashback v1.5.01 was submitted tonight with support for iControlPad! Hopefully will be live in a week or so. iControlPad returns this game to it's full glory :)

You don't mind if I quiz you later about adding support to my apps do you? I'm going to write a guide for the website, maybe do a video.

No worries at all mate - more than happy to help!

BTW, I actually created a very stripped down version of SDL which has iCADE / iControlPad support. It is just the pieces necessary to run iAmiga, Flashback and soon C64. I will publish this as a separate framework at some point in addition to incorporating the actual code for the official SDL library too.

Does the iCade mode take care if the keyboard layout already?
If you have a German iPhone, Z and Y are switched unless you manually switch to US keyboard.

Got some spare bitcoins and you want to support me?
Send them here: 1JFMx842TLW8sLKS3gn7kcLsNbXcLqXupK

#88 OFFLINE   Stu

Stu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:21 AM

I will check into that. I don't think we can detect the current layout, which would be a problem. We can detect locale, but you might have multiple layouts active. Definitely a hack :-/

---
I am here: http://maps.google.c...493,-111.893615

#89 OFFLINE   Serious Sam

Serious Sam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Local time: 05:59 AM

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:03 AM

Zodttd has just updated genesis4iphone with iCP support. He says it is part of the initial steps before updates to gpSPhone, n64iphone, and snes4iphone roll out.

Links:
Zodttd's Twitter
Cydia Link
Change Log Link (Meant to be opened on the iPhone)

Cydia Address:
cydia://package/com.zodttd.genesis4iphone

#90 OFFLINE   MJFox

MJFox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:24 AM

the new genesis4iphone-version doesn't work for me, as soon as I launch it safari opens up with a google-ads page <_<

greetings

MJFox

#91 OFFLINE   Gadgetoid

Gadgetoid

Gadgetoid.com

• Moderators
  • 1853 posts
  • LocationNorwich, UK

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:44 PM

I can confirm I just tested gpSPhone with the iControlPad ( use iCade mode ) and it works.

There seem to be a few teething problems, one well known to the iCade mode ( I believe ); the key bindings are a bit eccentric.

The other is that there seems to be no way to remove the on-screen controls.

Oh and gpSPhone really likes to crash!

I'll have to try the other emulators.

They aren't a patch on Robert's offerings- can't wait for a GBA emulator from him! I've barely used gpSPhone since I bought it.

Gadgetoid.com - Tech reviews 'n' stuff!

#92 OFFLINE   zodttd

zodttd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Local time: 06:59 AM

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:22 PM

Hi,

The latest genesis4iphone with iCP support does not have Google Ads in it. Make sure you updated to the latest version 4 properly as noted on Twitter.

As I've been without an iCade or iCP while traveling, I have been unable to test it properly. It seems I'll need to add a button configuration for iCade/iCP. I used the key bindings recommended by the iCade creator himself.

I normally auto-detect controllers such as the WiiMote and remove the onscreen controls in landscape mode (where it affects the view). Since I'm using iCade emulation, there doesn't seem to be a way to detect the device until input is given. So I might add an option to disable the controller view in options.

When does gpSPhone v7 crash for you? I haven't had any issue with such. I'll look into it.

#93 OFFLINE   Gadgetoid

Gadgetoid

Gadgetoid.com

• Moderators
  • 1853 posts
  • LocationNorwich, UK

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:52 PM

Hi,

The latest genesis4iphone with iCP support does not have Google Ads in it. Make sure you updated to the latest version 4 properly as noted on Twitter.

As I've been without an iCade or iCP while traveling, I have been unable to test it properly. It seems I'll need to add a button configuration for iCade/iCP. I used the key bindings recommended by the iCade creator himself.

I normally auto-detect controllers such as the WiiMote and remove the onscreen controls in landscape mode (where it affects the view). Since I'm using iCade emulation, there doesn't seem to be a way to detect the device until input is given. So I might add an option to disable the controller view in options.

When does gpSPhone v7 crash for you? I haven't had any issue with such. I'll look into it.

It's probably an issue with permissions or something of that nature, it crashes whenever I try to exit to the menu. I'll reset my phone and give it a more thorough test and see if I can come up with a way of re-creating it. With the sheer diversity of Jailbroken iPhones it's probably going to be harder to chase down an obscure crash than to climb a waterfall.

You should definitely take a page (or a whole chapter!) out of Robert's book and make the whole menu system navigable via the attached controller. I appreciate that's a pretty big overhaul, though, and you're welcome to say "F-off you cheeky sod!"

Good work thus far and massively appreciated, I don't need to tell you how long we've been waiting for iCP support!

I think I bought gpSPhone just in anticipation of it, although I can't remember for certain; t'was a while back!

Edit: Rebooted and crashed again on "Quit to Menu" action, after selecting "Don't Save".

I'm running iOS 4.3.3 on an iPhone 4 and have activator/displayout (the latter is turned off) and other crap installed that may cause aggro. I'm running in Landscape + Sound

Everything else seems to work as expected. Save states appear to be writing.

#94 OFFLINE   zodttd

zodttd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Local time: 06:59 AM

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:01 PM

Hi. :)

I am definitely wanting to completely rewrite my emulator framework. It goes back to iPhone development before the AppStore existed. It's in a huge need of that overhaul. I am planning on doing it, along with universal binary support.

Robert opensourced his framework as required as well. I could take a look at it to implement your tips if needed.

Thanks,
ZodTTD

Checking out the menu bug. I'll see if I can reproduce it. But I wasn't able to before. I'm on a VZW iPhone 4 on 4.2.8. It's iOS has subtle differences but shouldn't affect this unless it's scheduling issues.
EDIT: Didn't crash on my end. Can't reproduce it yet. Odd!

#95 OFFLINE   Gadgetoid

Gadgetoid

Gadgetoid.com

• Moderators
  • 1853 posts
  • LocationNorwich, UK

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:08 PM

Hi. :)

I am definitely wanting to completely rewrite my emulator framework. It goes back to iPhone development before the AppStore existed. It's in a huge need of that overhaul. I am planning on doing it, along with universal binary support.

Robert opensourced his framework as required as well. I could take a look at it to implement your tips if needed.

Thanks,
ZodTTD

If the framework is open source, and provides his emulator UI, and he's okay with you using it, and you're okay with using it, I'd say: copypasta!

It's, bar none, the best emulator UI I've encountered to date. And not having to alternate your grip from Two-hands-on-iControlPad to Awkwardly-holding-phone-and-stabbing-at-screen to save/load and do other boring menu-related things is really nice.

More direct iCP support would be nice, too, as the iCade method of supporting the iControlPad always fscks up the onscreen keyboard.

I'm pretty sure the list of stuff we'd love you to implement is as long as Friday. In all honesty, I'm now pretty happy to have Golden Sun up and running on my iPhone :D My GBA carts don't fit into any of those new-fangled DSes, and playing on the old DS/Gameboy Advance SP is positively painful.

Oh and I dare say: ditch the ROM download support, too. Offer it in a separate app, or just rely on ones that already exist. It wouldn't fit into a controller-enabled UI paradigm.

Damn. Golden Sun plays so beautifully... brings a tear to my eye!... almost!

Edit:

Checking out the menu bug. I'll see if I can reproduce it. But I wasn't able to before. I'm on a VZW iPhone 4 on 4.2.8. It's iOS has subtle differences but shouldn't affect this unless it's scheduling issues.
EDIT: Didn't crash on my end. Can't reproduce it yet. Odd!

Very odd. It doesn't seem to impede functionality, as "Quit to menu" is not something I'd do terribly often. It's most likely related to some crap or another which I've got installed. Could be:

Activator - Uninstalled, still crashing.
afpfs-ng
DisplayOut - Uninstalled, still crashing.
SBSettings - Uninstalled, still crashing.

I don't think anything else is likely to be the culprit, unless it's an obscure permissions issue or something to do with my OS/Jailbreak combo.

Don't waste any time worrying about it, unless you find others with the same problem.

Edit: I've also got my iPhone 4 modded for native TV-out. It could possibly be that.

#96 OFFLINE   JellyUK

JellyUK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 11:59 AM

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:32 PM

Just wanted to say I am having exactly the same issues as Gadgetoid -

Crashing on exit to menu
Overlay over screen

I'd also like to put my support behind a revamped UI, the emulator itself works incredibly well :)

In addition though, would it be possible to have the option to flip the landscape screen over? I like to have my iPhone clamped in the iCP with the home button the left so that i can get to the volume controls, and it's upside down like that. No biggie, but i can't imagine it would be hard to implement :)

Btw, sorry Zod for saying exactly what i mentioned to you on twitter...

#97 OFFLINE   MJFox

MJFox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:47 PM

I installed genesis4iphone for the first time today, I got version 4.0 and on both, my iphone 3GS and my iPad 2 I get the same issue: a few seconds after launching the emulator a black bar appears below the headline and safari opens up with the following url:

http://googleads.g.d...&ifi=1&dtd=1886

the attached screenshots shows the screen just before safari gets opened

when I close safari and go back to the emulator the same happens again etc.

Edit: I just uninstalled genesis4iphone and installed it again from Cydia (yes, I double checked I got version 4.0) and it still happens

greetings

MJFox

Attached Files

#98 OFFLINE   dappa

dappa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:53 PM

I can confirm i have the same thing with the emulator crashing out of the app when you choose to leave a game and not save and go to the menu. I'm using iphone os 4.3.3

By the way how to get the gba emulator working with my icontrolpad? I must be doing something wrong.

#99 OFFLINE   Unvaluablespace

Unvaluablespace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:40 AM

Dappa, if I'm not mistaken I believe you have to put the iCP into iCade mode (hold A+B+X+Start) and pair with apples built in bluetooth.

Anyone correct me If I'm wrong. I don't enjoy the current button layout very much lol. Not that I don't appreciate zodd's efforts. :)

Dappa, if I'm not mistaken I believe you have to put the iCP into iCade mode (hold A+B+X+Start) and pair with apples built in bluetooth.

Anyone correct me If I'm wrong. I don't enjoy the current button layout very much lol. Not that I don't appreciate zodd's efforts. :)

#100 OFFLINE   dappa

dappa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:15 PM

yes, I figured it out, I was doing it right all along, but was thinking it was not working as I could not get the emulators ingame menus to do anything with the icontrolpad. Turns out you have to get the game running yourself using the touch controls and then it just works

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users