Mr_Loon

Can't Remember

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1870 posts
  • Local time: 10:46 PM

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:23 PM

the goods have arrived ;-)

Update: VVVVVV has a software render path so its working on the pandora. Have some things I want to try to make it better. But looking good so far :-)

Great news Pickle, good luck with the port. Any news as to how this will be made available to the community? i.e. will it be an engine only port that uses the data files from the desktop version?

To help make the Repo even better and give a tiny bit back to the devs, take the Pandora pledge : 'As a Pandora owner I pledge that I will provide a rating for all Apps I download and use'

The Pandora Arcade is open! If you like classic Arcade games then why not get involved? View the High Scores

#22 OFFLINE   Pickle

Pickle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1056 posts
  • Local time: 05:46 PM

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:46 PM

the goods have arrived ;-)

Update: VVVVVV has a software render path so its working on the pandora. Have some things I want to try to make it better. But looking good so far :-)

Great news Pickle, good luck with the port. Any news as to how this will be made available to the community? i.e. will it be an engine only port that uses the data files from the desktop version?

Yes I am allowed to release a binary only so if you own the pc version then your set.

#23 OFFLINE   milkshake

milkshake

Super Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3025 posts
  • Local time: 11:46 PM
  • LocationRotherham, UK

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:52 PM

sweet, any ETA on release :)
minipandalogo.png Pandora Repo - software for your pandora :)

btn_donate_SM.gif If you like my site/contributions, consider donating.
Prometheus.jpg

#24 OFFLINE   EvilDragon

EvilDragon

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7510 posts
  • Local time: 12:46 AM
  • LocationIngolstadt

Donator

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:16 PM

Totally awesome :D

BTW: Pickle, if you have a working version until tomorrow night, I'll take it with me to the ReplayExpo :D
I bought every HumbleBundle, so I got the game data :)

Oh, and about Crayon Physics Deluxe:
It's planned to also integrate an optional payment setup into the repo sometimes next year, that would be perfect for games like Crayon Physics Deluxe.
The good thing: Unlike other appstores, the developer will get 100% of the payment (well, except for PayPal / whatever fees) :)

Got some spare bitcoins and you want to support me?
Send them here: 1JFMx842TLW8sLKS3gn7kcLsNbXcLqXupK

#25 OFFLINE   Pickle

Pickle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1056 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:44 PM

Something by the weekend at the latest. The in game felt a bit slow, but i need to analyze it first.
Doesnt help the game uses 32 bpp, need to see if i can bump it down to 16 bpp.

There is some opengl code Im going to convert. I got started on it last night but need another day to finish and try it. It may not help since its just trying to use opengl to offload drawing the frambuffer but the memory throughput may make performance worse.

#26 OFFLINE   Pickle

Pickle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1056 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:48 PM

BTW: Pickle, if you have a working version until tomorrow night, I'll take it with me to the ReplayExpo :D

Certainly I already have something working you can take to show. We can talk about it offline.

#27 OFFLINE   Fusion_Power

Fusion_Power

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2169 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:04 PM

Yes I am allowed to release a binary only so if you own the pc version then your set.

Perfect. :)
No new Download the Game. It's not that big and most of the GameData seems to be Music though. But so I can instantly start. Are Savegames from PC Version compatible?

Something by the weekend at the latest. The in game felt a bit slow, but i need to analyze it first.

Strange, the Game looks like it could run on an NES or even gameboy, where goes all the Pandora Power? And aren't even 8 Bit bpp enough for it? ;)

EDIT: I've read that VVVVV indeed was made in FLASH - but Game Data look like SDL -strange. ^^"

#28 OFFLINE   sebt3

sebt3

PowerFreak Troll, leave him alone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2048 posts

Donator

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:14 PM

EDIT: I've read that VVVVV indeed was made in FLASH - but Game Data look like SDL -strange. ^^"

Terry have build 2 version of VVVVVV, the 1st one was in flash, that's what you can play on the website. the v2 is the desktop version and is build on top of SDL (and openGL it seems)

- [ PNDS ] - [ Yactfeau ] -

Spoiler

#29 OFFLINE   milkshake

milkshake

Super Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3025 posts
  • LocationRotherham, UK

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:34 PM

according to wiki pedia...

VVVVVV is a 2D puzzle platform video game designed by Terry Cavanagh and scored by Magnus PĂ„lsson. The game was built in Adobe Flash and released on January 11, 2010 for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X. The game was ported to C++ by Simon Roth in 2011, and released as part of the Humble Indie Bundle #3. The port to C++ allowed the release of a previously-cancelled version of VVVVVV for Linux. A version for the Nintendo 3DS has been announced.

minipandalogo.png Pandora Repo - software for your pandora :)

btn_donate_SM.gif If you like my site/contributions, consider donating.
Prometheus.jpg

#30 OFFLINE   PokeParadox

PokeParadox

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1951 posts

Donator

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:54 PM

I just wanted to mention that I am VVVVVVery excited for this port! :P

Tired of the infamous preorder queue? Donate and help get this queue cleared!
Twitter: @PokeParadox
If you like my work, please consider leaving a rating or feedback or donating, every little "thank you" is appreciated!
My Pandora Apps - My Development Blog - Pirate Games

#31 OFFLINE   Fusion_Power

Fusion_Power

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2169 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:43 PM

I just with I had more talent for this game. No chance in advancing without god mode unfortunately. :( VVVVVV gets really hard for my poor skils. ^^

#32 OFFLINE   eyecreate

eyecreate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Local time: 06:46 PM

Donator

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:56 PM

This is excellent news. I will have fun with this on the go!

#33 OFFLINE   Caine

Caine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2186 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:26 PM

This might be a good opportunity to attempt the no-death mode. Veni Vidi Vici :)

#34 OFFLINE   foxblock

foxblock

Mind over body

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationAachen, Germany

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:14 PM

This might be a good opportunity to attempt the no-death mode. Veni Vidi Vici :)

This is crazy talk!

YouTube --- DeviantArt --- GitHub --- GreyOut --- PndTools
If you like a project you see here on the forums, let the dev(s) know by leaving a comment! Don't keep your appreciation silent, it's just like cheering after a good concert or show.

#35 OFFLINE   Prometheus

Prometheus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5661 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:27 PM

More like Veni Vidi Velcro (I came, I saw, I got stuck). :P

#36 OFFLINE   ManlyStump

ManlyStump

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Local time: 10:46 PM
  • LocationHampshire

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:26 PM

More like Veni Vidi Velcro (I came, I saw, I got stuck). :P

Thank you, that made my day! :D

#37 OFFLINE   Caine

Caine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2186 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:22 AM

So how many attempts did that Veni Vidi Vici part take you guys? I died well over 50 times, not sure what the exact count was, might have been even double that.

#38 OFFLINE   Gruso

Gruso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1729 posts
  • Local time: 09:46 AM
  • LocationSyd, Aus

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:40 AM

There is some opengl code Im going to convert. I got started on it last night but need another day to finish and try it. It may not help since its just trying to use opengl to offload drawing the frambuffer but the memory throughput may make performance worse.

It seems crazy to be reading about performance issues with an 8-bit-esque game like this. I know these days we have all sorts of abstraction layers and stuff... how did things get so bloated compared to the days of actual 8-bit hardware?

It's not a criticism of this game's code (or the porter!), just something I often ponder.
FAQs: Pandora | PND files | USB

#39 OFFLINE   Pickle

Pickle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1056 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:04 AM

It seems crazy to be reading about performance issues with an 8-bit-esque game like this. I know these days we have all sorts of abstraction layers and stuff... how did things get so bloated compared to the days of actual 8-bit hardware?

It's not a criticism of this game's code (or the porter!), just something I often ponder.

Been reading more of the code, the game uses alpha which only works with 32 bpp. Even thought the actual colors are low the alpha is being used to do fade effects.

#40 OFFLINE   Gruso

Gruso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1729 posts
  • Local time: 09:46 AM
  • LocationSyd, Aus

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:36 AM

"It costs a lot of money to look this cheap." :D
FAQs: Pandora | PND files | USB

0 user(s) are reading this topic