There's still a chance that others can make it work with this build, because the shader files are just not at the right place. Normally everything is installed to /usr/local during "make install". So all the folders from the tarball (or at least the shaders in share/sludge) have to be copied there on the Pandora. (i.e. /usr/local/share/sludge/scale.vert etc.). If the shaders are found, we will see it from the output.
Then it could be that they fail to build, because I didn't yet specify the default precision for floats in the fragment shaders. If that should be the case
precision mediump float;
has to be added to the beginning of all .frag files.
EDIT: I fixed the missing pkg-config files thing , the black screen and the encoding issue in SVN. Remains the EGL configuration change for people who want to compile themselves.