Does this thing work?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5561 posts
  • Local time: 08:15 PM
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M., Germany

Donator

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

I don't want a new discussion about StreaKs way of distributing his apps.

#63 OFFLINE   Massive

Massive

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Local time: 07:15 PM

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:34 AM

Just read through a few of the threads concerning Streaks ports and it will pop up at some point.

Like Mcobit, I don't think it is really necessary to derail this thread with another discussion.

@ Streak, great work on all your ports, I have not got round to trying this version of DosBox yet, but look forward to it.

Is there any chance that your launcher can be made to work without having to change the .EXE file names?

#64 OFFLINE   Ian J

Ian J

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1155 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:08 PM

ah yes , penny dropping here.

#65 OFFLINE   BAFelton

BAFelton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Donator

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:59 PM

Is it just me or Streak wall doesn't work anymore ?

#66 OFFLINE   Asmo

Asmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1445 posts
  • Local time: 06:15 PM

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:11 PM

Streak has left the building :(

http://boards.openpa...-2/page__st__20

#67 OFFLINE   peelie

peelie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:10 PM

did he not say he was readying his own website to host his stuff? maybe he is in process of doing that?

#68 OFFLINE   Asmo

Asmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1445 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:57 PM

did he not say he was readying his own website to host his stuff? maybe he is in process of doing that?

No, I think it was more final than that.

#69 OFFLINE   BAFelton

BAFelton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Donator

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:17 PM

That really sucks :/

#70 OFFLINE   MarioPandio

MarioPandio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1379 posts
  • LocationHalf way up the stair

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:13 PM

I thought that was the case aswell. Guess I'm sadly mistaken. Did he make any announcement at all, as it's a great shame if he has decided to jump ship.
"There comes a time when it makes you so sick at heart that you can no longer take part.... unless you are free, the machine will be prevented from running at all!"

"The transparently pretend friend to animals and definitely not a fkn rat, Shade of Pink (if correctly lewd) RedBaron of nonsense loony round the cream bun and decidedly murky grey shade of para-politically coloured jam shenanigans"

#71 OFFLINE   Gruso

Gruso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1729 posts
  • Local time: 05:15 AM
  • LocationSyd, Aus

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:17 PM

He notified some mods privately. He had private reasons which he did not want to discuss, and we respect that of course. It is disappointing none the less.
FAQs: Pandora | PND files | USB

#72 OFFLINE   MarioPandio

MarioPandio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1379 posts
  • LocationHalf way up the stair

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:56 AM

Far enough and may you have fun and be prosperous wherever your greener pasture now lies StreaK, thanks for all you did and such like :)
"There comes a time when it makes you so sick at heart that you can no longer take part.... unless you are free, the machine will be prevented from running at all!"

"The transparently pretend friend to animals and definitely not a fkn rat, Shade of Pink (if correctly lewd) RedBaron of nonsense loony round the cream bun and decidedly murky grey shade of para-politically coloured jam shenanigans"

#73 OFFLINE   F_Slim

F_Slim

IDDQD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:22 AM

That really is a shame. He put so much work and time into his ports and now they're all gone?
Guess I should have downloaded the ones I wanted to try right when they were released ... on the other hand without a Pandora and the sometimes rapid updates it didn't seem practical.

#74 OFFLINE   mcobit

mcobit

Does this thing work?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5561 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M., Germany

Donator

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:31 AM

Yeah, maybe he should have asked some people here if they wanted to maintain them or release the source, that built for him in the toolchain, so others could pick up his work, when he leaves.

Private reasons are always understandable. Hope we hear from him again.

#75 OFFLINE   DSwizzy145

DSwizzy145

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Local time: 01:15 PM
  • LocationUSA, Boston

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:00 PM

I was really hoping for a quick upload/download of this once until i get my Pandora soon :) p.s im new here and this is my very first post here too ;) lol

#76 ONLINE   Klumpen

Klumpen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2865 posts
  • LocationGermany

Donator

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:46 PM

I am just starting to use the possibilities of this gem and now i have to read this. o.O

Anyway: Does anyone here know, if i can use multisession-images like BIN as well?
I would like to play some games that use Audio-Tracks and .ISO does not seem to handle this.

(04.02.2014 - 16:01:25) EvilDragon: Since when do I care about anyone else? :o

#77 OFFLINE   Massive

Massive

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:32 PM

Don't worry, the dev is back in the fold.

Hopefully he will update this at some point.

#78 OFFLINE   ekianjo

ekianjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6050 posts
  • Local time: 03:15 AM
  • Location神戸市、日本 (Japan)

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:15 AM

1) Anyone else has issues on the touchscreen coordinates? I always get my stylus off a few pixels up versus its actual position. Very annoying for games with small menus.

2) To make things worse, nubs don't work well either. I have no issued within Angstrom, but in this Dosbox version I seem to hit an invisible "wall" whenever I try to move in any direction: for example, after moving a dozen pixels on the right, suddenly I cannot move any further while the screen edge is still far. Moving up and down and left work, but while I keep trying moving right, I always hit the said "wall".

Using the d-pad as a mouse replacement is far from practical. I hope someone can provide advice or solutions!
Thanks.

*** Check Pandoralive.info for the latest news on software, hardware and tutorials for the Pandora. ***

*** Distributor of Pandora in Japan  -> OpenPandoraJapan.com (promo website) and its associated shop front ***

#79 ONLINE   Klumpen

Klumpen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2865 posts
  • LocationGermany

Donator

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:10 AM

1) Anyone else has issues on the touchscreen coordinates? I always get my stylus off a few pixels up versus its actual position. Very annoying for games with small menus.

2) To make things worse, nubs don't work well either. I have no issued within Angstrom, but in this Dosbox version I seem to hit an invisible "wall" whenever I try to move in any direction: for example, after moving a dozen pixels on the right, suddenly I cannot move any further while the screen edge is still far. Moving up and down and left work, but while I keep trying moving right, I always hit the said "wall".

Using the d-pad as a mouse replacement is far from practical. I hope someone can provide advice or solutions!
Thanks.

I got the same.

(04.02.2014 - 16:01:25) EvilDragon: Since when do I care about anyone else? :o

#80 OFFLINE   ekianjo

ekianjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6050 posts
  • Local time: 03:15 AM
  • Location神戸市、日本 (Japan)

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:32 AM

Thanks.

I got the same.

So, no solution in sight ?

*** Check Pandoralive.info for the latest news on software, hardware and tutorials for the Pandora. ***

*** Distributor of Pandora in Japan  -> OpenPandoraJapan.com (promo website) and its associated shop front ***

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: emulation, dosbox, dos, pompuj rower

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users