Craigix

Advanced Member

• Official OpenPandora Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 4566 posts
  • Local time: 08:43 AM

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:16 PM

Hello everyone,

Sorry for being away for 5 days, my internet went down last week, turned out the cable had been damaged by high winds. The good news is that with the cable fixed my internet is over twice as fast. BBC HD works.

I did try to answer some emails via my phone with mixed results.

Anyway, the iCP, where are we? Well we're trying to mass produce it at the worst time of year, and since I don't want to take orders before we have the goods in hand the page isn't up yet, however the time is close, so there will be a page where you can register but we won't be asking for any payment yet.

As with the previous cable based version we want to time the ordering with press reviews and we're only just getting enough units to send out to the press and developers now. It's possible we might take some orders just before that time for people who read this forum so you can be at the front of the queue. (and as a thank you for sticking with us).

We had to have the case moulds slightly modified due to the BT switch and the results are fantastic, this is a very professional looking product in the flesh.

I'll make a bigger update once I've gone though all my emails.

Thanks,

Craig

#2 OFFLINE   torpor

torpor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1034 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:31 PM

Nice! I'm looking forward to getting my iCP! :)

#3 OFFLINE   kaziebo

kaziebo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Local time: 07:43 AM
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:33 PM

Congrats!!! We just know it's worth all the wait! Hope we all can order soon!! :lol:
"If you can't explain something to a six year-old, you really don't understand it yourself."
- Albert Einstein -

#4 OFFLINE   firefly

firefly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Local time: 03:43 PM
  • LocationBeijing

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:25 PM

Great news, thanks for the update!

#5 OFFLINE   ppcitalia

ppcitalia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Local time: 09:43 AM

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:36 PM

Hi Craig,

Great news and congratulations!

Do you have a feedback also for me?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Enrico

#6 OFFLINE   EvilDragon

EvilDragon

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7460 posts
  • LocationIngolstadt

Donator

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:00 PM

One thing I like to add here: We're having quotations and leadtimes from various companies. We won't make the mistake relying on one like we did with the Pandora (we're currently doing the same with the Pandora, so that future production should be way more reliable and predictable, but as the Pandora is more complicated, getting quotations take longer).

We even got quotations from a company right around my corner in Germany. While production is a bit more expensive here, I'm sure it's 100% reliable, and that's what we need.

We'll keep you updated :)

Got some spare bitcoins and you want to support me?
Send them here: 1JFMx842TLW8sLKS3gn7kcLsNbXcLqXupK

#7 OFFLINE   mmielke

mmielke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Local time: 02:43 AM

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:29 PM

One thing I like to add here: We're having quotations and leadtimes from various companies. We won't make the mistake relying on one like we did with the Pandora (we're currently doing the same with the Pandora, so that future production should be way more reliable and predictable, but as the Pandora is more complicated, getting quotations take longer).

We even got quotations from a company right around my corner in Germany. While production is a bit more expensive here, I'm sure it's 100% reliable, and that's what we need.

We'll keep you updated :)

Thanks, ED!

#8 OFFLINE   Clouds

Clouds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 12:55 AM

Cheers! Yeeeeeaah! The iControlPad is coming :D I thought many times about how cool it would be if someone would do something like this, till i found you guys and realized there is someone already making it! Also it was really exciting to follow the whole process.
So cheers again, and im looking forward to shove you guys money in the ass for your cool little product :D

THX craig&evildragon and all the others working on it
greez

[e] just watched your new video and WTF your mouse!? :rolleyes: Now i know what i can give my wife as present for christmas!
Device: Samsung Galaxy SIII JB stock rooted // Asus Transformer Prime JB stock rooted

#9 OFFLINE   Revilo62

Revilo62

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Local time: 01:43 AM

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:05 AM

Can't wait! Think it will be before Christmas when we can all get one?

#10 OFFLINE   EvilDragon

EvilDragon

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7460 posts
  • LocationIngolstadt

Donator

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:09 PM

Can't wait! Think it will be before Christmas when we can all get one?

I don't think so. The production company in Germany could do it - but they'd need all the parts and some are hard to get at the moment.
The BT chip also gets a custom firmware and that won't be done before Wednesday next week.

Production should start early December, but just before christmas, it's an impossible time to try to do something like that.
It should be finished shortly after and ready to ship in January.

We MIGHT get some before christmas - but it will be hard.

We're most probably working with two companies parallel (one located in Germany, the other one in Taiwan where there are no christmas holidays) to ensure we won't have to rely on ONE production site like with the Pandora anymore.

Got some spare bitcoins and you want to support me?
Send them here: 1JFMx842TLW8sLKS3gn7kcLsNbXcLqXupK

#11 OFFLINE   Revilo62

Revilo62

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:47 PM

I don't think so. The production company in Germany could do it - but they'd need all the parts and some are hard to get at the moment.
The BT chip also gets a custom firmware and that won't be done before Wednesday next week.

Production should start early December, but just before christmas, it's an impossible time to try to do something like that.
It should be finished shortly after and ready to ship in January.

We MIGHT get some before christmas - but it will be hard.

We're most probably working with two companies parallel (one located in Germany, the other one in Taiwan where there are no christmas holidays) to ensure we won't have to rely on ONE production site like with the Pandora anymore.

That actually helps me! At my school a teacher took my iPod touch from me and set it down, a student in the class stole it when she set it down, so I have to save up and buy a new one, this gives me more time to save up to buy a new one and then enough time to save up enough to be one of the first to order the iCP

#12 OFFLINE   Link

Link

ithic.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2932 posts
  • LocationChampy Land

Donator

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:26 PM

That actually helps me! At my school a teacher took my iPod touch from me and set it down, a student in the class stole it when she set it down, so I have to save up and buy a new one, this gives me more time to save up to buy a new one and then enough time to save up enough to be one of the first to order the iCP

I'd take your teacher's wallet or purse and buy one!
Peace & Pandora,

Link

http://www.ithic.com
Open Pandora Shop for North America
Ithic

#13 OFFLINE   chi_towner1

chi_towner1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:02 PM

Any idea when registering will go live?

#14 OFFLINE   E_Domina

E_Domina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:52 PM

teachers don't have that kind of money. jk

Anyway, too bad it won't be till January til we start getting any iCP goodness. I really want to see a new video with the newest model

#15 OFFLINE   Revilo62

Revilo62

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:05 AM

iknorite? I guess the school might buy me a new one, but probably not.

#16 OFFLINE   SNESFAN

SNESFAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2030 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:19 AM

I do believe I'd punch that teacher in the balls/ovaries in that situation

#17 OFFLINE   firefly

firefly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Local time: 03:43 PM
  • LocationBeijing

Posted 25 November 2010 - 02:38 PM

Or you could leave your toys at home and get to studyin'! Kids today... :rolleyes:

#18 OFFLINE   gfrancisdev

gfrancisdev

totally fabulous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1078 posts
  • LocationBlighty

Posted 25 November 2010 - 03:13 PM

Or you could leave your toys at home and get to studyin'! Kids today... :rolleyes:

^^ this ^^

seriously, they let kids take their bags to class now, and phones XD
blag
twatter
website
a.k.a.darfgarf

#19 OFFLINE   Revilo62

Revilo62

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:38 PM

I leave it in my pocket all day, only take it out at lunch, her class and some times Orchestra because the teacher hates when we talk so tells us to text and stuff hahaha. Her class is just so boring, I'm an all honors kid, and this class is the dumbest class you can possible take, and to add on top of that, the teacher doesn't know how to teach. She spent that entire day explaining how to do a project she decided we weren't going to do.

#20 OFFLINE   SNESFAN

SNESFAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2030 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:20 PM

I'm 28, but as long as you aren't playing with it in class I see no fault. The teacher taking your phone and probally just appologized for it being stolen is a groin punchable offense.

I took your car, it got stolen, sorry!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users