17 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ICEMANhalo96

ICEMANhalo96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Local time: 12:55 PM

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:11 PM

I just received my icontrolpad today and I have flashed my it to version 2.3 following all of the guides on here. I have followed all of the steps for pairing my jailbroken (Cydia 1.1.3) iPhone 4 (5.0.1) with the icontrolpad but it never pairs it just keeps flashing green, I never get a solid light. Are there any other tricks I can try to get it to work with my NES.emu (1.4.21) emulator?

Update: It paired for a moment (the green light was solid) but then it went back to flashing?

Thanks,
Scott

#2 OFFLINE   limatime42

limatime42

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Local time: 11:55 AM

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:40 AM

How long are you holding start? I figured out that you have to hold start until the solid and then let go. When it pairs the green light should turn off but blink every now and then.

Also are you trying to pair thru settings or the emu itself? The .emu apps have a scan inside of the app. Start the scan and hold Y and start to make sure you are in the right mode. Once again, if it is paired, the green light should turn off.

That's my input. Hope you get it working.

#3 OFFLINE   Slayergramp

Slayergramp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Local time: 09:55 AM

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:46 AM

Same problem with me. I'm trying to pair in icade mode, but no matter what it says pair unsuccessful.

#4 OFFLINE   MarioPandio

MarioPandio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1379 posts
  • Local time: 04:55 PM
  • LocationHalf way up the stair

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:42 AM

I'm not saying anyone here is wrong (as you are clearly having issues pairing) but there seems to be some confusion over the LED status and its relevance to pairing, or status of the iCP.

To my understanding the LED works as follows.

If you are entering FLASHING mode:

(pressing and holding SELECT and then also START) = A SOLID green light, 1 BLINK, then SOLID again.

You are now in flashing mode and the SOLID light will remain for about 1 minute. So the flashing procedure must be carried out quickly or the light will go out and the iCP has switched itself off.

When selecting a new mode of use :

Hold (Relevant button combo first) + (START) = Initially SOLID, a SLOW FLASH, 3 QUICK FLASHES, then SLOW FLASHES.

You let go after the 3 QUICK FLASHES and you are in the new mode. SLOW FLASHES continue.

Pairing now to iOS bluetooth, or BT Stack within an emulator will not alter the SLOW FLASHES. If you leave the iCP alone long enough, the iCP will switch off and the SLOW FLASHES will stop.

Re-using the previous mode used :

Simply press (START) on its own and the LED = SOLID initially, then SLOWLY FLASHES.

You are in the previous mode of use and It will slowly flash until it switches itself off if left alone.

To TURN OFF the iCP :

Hold (START) for about 4 seconds and the LED = EVENTUALLY GOES SOLID & GOES OFF along with the iCP when you let go of (START).
"There comes a time when it makes you so sick at heart that you can no longer take part.... unless you are free, the machine will be prevented from running at all!"

"The transparently pretend friend to animals and definitely not a fkn rat, Shade of Pink (if correctly lewd) RedBaron of nonsense loony round the cream bun and decidedly murky grey shade of para-politically coloured jam shenanigans"

#5 OFFLINE   ICEMANhalo96

ICEMANhalo96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:13 AM

I am performing the scan within the emulator itself (as it suggests in the icontrolpad site), it's supposed to turn solid when it's paired right? Mine just keeps flashing, I have gotten it to work for a second or two (where the light goes solid and the controller works but then it goes back to flashing. I noticed in my settings on the phone that there is a menu called BTstack with these settings "BTstack, iOS, None" it is currently set to none and I do not have the bluetooth turned on, should I change it?

#6 OFFLINE   Slayergramp

Slayergramp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:21 PM

It doesn't work. I know how to pair it, as I've done it with an n64 emulator on my android device, but when I try to pair in any. Mode on my phone, it will slow blink, say its pairing on iPhone, and then say pairing unsuccesessful.

#7 OFFLINE   ICEMANhalo96

ICEMANhalo96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

I don't even get a message that says it has been paired the green light just keeps blinking, then finally when it turns off NES.emu says it's disconnected even though I could not even use it? So it's like it sees it but will not let me use it.

#8 OFFLINE   ICEMANhalo96

ICEMANhalo96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:42 PM

I downloaded a game from the iTunes app store (one that was on the compatibility list) so I could check icade mode, my phone sees and can connect to the icontrolpad but it does not work in the game. All the controller does is keep flashing green. So at this point I can't use the controller for anything, does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

#9 OFFLINE   ICEMANhalo96

ICEMANhalo96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:14 PM

Any help would be appreciated, this thing is just a brick to me right now.

Thanks

#10 OFFLINE   Slayergramp

Slayergramp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:00 AM

Actually, I just fixed my problem. For me, I just turned off Bluetooth, restarted my phone, and then paired the icp. It works fine now. So,sometimes it doesn't work, but I just try again and it does.

Try restarted both devices, and keep trying if it fails.

#11 OFFLINE   ICEMANhalo96

ICEMANhalo96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:17 PM

I have tried shutting both devices off and turning them on again but it still does not work. I follow these exact steps when trying to use it with my NES.emu emulator.
  • Turn off Bluetooth on your iPhone/iPad (yes, really)
  • Fire up your emulator of choice
  • Find the: "Scan for WiiMotes/iCP" menu option
  • Power on your iControlPad by holding Start + Y
  • Tap "Scan for WiiMotes/iCP"

It never says its connected and the green light just keeps flashing. Here is the crazy part I have it set to not show the on screen controls when a controller is connected. When I load a ROM there are no on screen controls yet my controller does not work. After a period of time the controller turns off and the on screen controls are displayed along with a message that icontrolpad 1 disconnected. So it recognized it but I could not use it? I really think that I have received a defective icontrolpad. How do I get support for this? I feel that the controller is defective because I can not get any game to work with it in any mode.

Please Help!

#12 OFFLINE   ICEMANhalo96

ICEMANhalo96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:52 PM

Due to the lack of support for this device I have returned mine.

#13 OFFLINE   Slayergramp

Slayergramp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:30 PM

Well, you probably made a mistake.

Chances are something was wrong with the device you are pairing to.

#14 OFFLINE   ICEMANhalo96

ICEMANhalo96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:32 PM

No mistakes here the device is simply bad. I can connect a Wii remote with no problem. I had a friend try to connect it to his Android and it did not work, it simply does not sense any devices. I am just going to use a mini Wii remote until this technology is ready.

Signed,

Scott
MCITP & MCTS Certified

#15 OFFLINE   Awakened

Awakened

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:24 PM

I got my ICP in today and have been having the same problem, except I can get it to pair around 10% of the time. I'm using a 4S with Robert's emulators. When it doesn't work, the ICP's flashing light will start to flash at a slower rate, as if it's trying hard to pair, or sometimes it will become solid as if it connected, but no response from the emulator.

I tried it in Icade mode with icade on in the emulator and it didn't help any.

Could it be a faulty bluetooth chip?

#16 OFFLINE   Rocky5

Rocky5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Local time: 04:55 PM

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:34 PM

I see you have a fair idea on how to use the device, but did your friend install Blueime or something like that on his android phone? as that is needed for it to work.

also Bluetooth must be off if your wanting to use BTstacks & that should be set to none, then it's just a matter of pressing Start+Y, then Scan for wiimotes/icp, if that doesn't work go into setting inside the emulator & increase the Bluetooth scan time, it's 4 seconds by default & also check that iCade mode is off, it's off by default in the emulators.

As for iCade mode Start+A,X,B, make sure the phone Bluetooth is enabled & not BTstack, the wait for your ICP to be detected, select iContropad_**** it should say connected, that's you.

If none of the above works, try reflashing the firmware & try again, if still not working, it's goosed.

#17 OFFLINE   Awakened

Awakened

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:26 AM

Ahh, ok, was definitely missing steps for iCade mode. I got that to work just fine. I tried setting the bluetooth scan time in the emulator up to 8 seconds to see if it would help SPP mode, but no. I guess I just miss out on the analogs and have to watch the light flash all the time in iCade mode. Not having to pair each time I switch emulators is a plus though.

#18 OFFLINE   Awakened

Awakened

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:23 AM

Little update bump from playing around with my iCP the last week:

Started to notice input lag in iCade mode in the .emu emulators, which I don't notice in iFBA and Blutrol. I decide to put it back in SPP mode again and when that actually connects the input lag isn't there.

I think setting bluetooth scan to 10 seconds does help my chances of connecting in SPP mode, but it still takes around 2-5 tries to connect. I don't have any bluetooth on my PCs I can use to reflash the firmware on it, but maybe I'll try that if I ever get access to that. Frustrating, but once it connects it's magical.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: emulator, NES.emu, not pairing, wont sync

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users